The Association for Regenerative Culture (ARC), a 501(c)3 non-profit since 2005, supports transition to an ethical culture of place east of the Mississippi River in North America. Its mission is three-fold:
Support Permaculture Education;
Network Permaculture Practitioners;
Promote Public Demonstration Sites.
ARC trains and grounds individuals with appropriate tools, skills, and practices; promotes resourceful and self-reliant communities and the bioregional organization of society.
ARC sponsors the following:
ARC accomplishes these initiatives by teaching permaculture principles and strategic techniques; networking educators and practitioners; and supporting demonstration sites.
Read more about our Founder’s Vision.
- Supported over 6 Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) classes in VA, OH, IL, resulting in over 165 PDC graduates.
- Supported establishment of Blue Ridge Permaculture Network in Central Virginia Bioregion.
- Passed through to Permaculture groups 93% of $20,000.00 in cash and computer donations since 2009.
- Sponsors and participants in the North American Permaculture Convergences NAPC14 and NAPC16.
This work strengthens vital relationships between the human and natural worlds by promoting the bioregional organization of society; the development of resourceful and self-reliant communities; and the empowerment of individuals with appropriate tools, skills, and practices.
- Development of Green Acres Neighborhood Garden (GANG) over ten years as a public teaching, demonstration, and community building site.
- Birthed ARC Technology Lending Library program to reuse surplus equipment.